2016-2017 Mid-Season Nation Draft Rules
- The 2016-17 Mid-Season Nation Drafts contest opens on January 18, 2017 at 12:01am MST and closes on February 3, 2017 at 3:00pm MST (Contest Submission Period) – no entries will be accepted after this date/time.
- You may submit your team at any time during the Contest Submission Period between January 18, 2017 at 12:01am MST and February 3, 2017 at 3:00pm MST, however, you must submit your team before February 3, 2017 at 3:00pm MST.
- The draft will include all NHL games played between January 31, 2017 at 3:01pm MST and April 10, 2017 at 3:00pm MST (‘Gaming Period’).
- Any participants that enter the draft after January 31, 2017 at 3:01pm MST will retroactively accrue points for any players that have scored points during the Gaming Period.
- Research your players at DailyFaceoff.com/news.
- Once you submit your team, you cannot alter it until the first trade window opens. Each fantasy hockey team is allowed one (1) trade per week, during the allotted trade window.
- You cannot collect trades. Each trade must be made within the stated time period (trade window) during game play. If you fail to make a trade in that time period, you lose the ability to make a trade and must wait for the next trade window in order to complete your trade.
- If you have a technical issue with the site contact firstname.lastname@example.org, be sure to specify your team name.
- There are no refunds. Seriously. If you have a technical issue with the site contact email@example.com.
- Prize fulfillment will be co-ordinated within 4 weeks after the contest closes. Prize fulfillment will be co-ordinated using the email and/or phone number submitted with your fantasy hockey team entry.
- You must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Accepted payments are Visa or MasterCard ONLY
- Draft rankings: Rankings are determined by the most total points by all players (goals and assists are each worth 1 point; there is no difference).
Tie-breaker: If two entries are tied, the tie-breaker will be determined by the following:
- Most Goals – the entry with the most total goals will rank higher.
- Fewest total man games – the entry with the fewest number of games played by all players (in total) will rank higher.
- In the highly unlikely event there is still a tie, ranking will be games played by all players (in total) will rank higher determined by a random draw between teams that remain tied.
- Partial proceeds go to charity. The charitable donation amount to be announced on later this year on this website.
- You must agree to our terms of service, privacy, and draft rules to play.
- This draft is void where prohibited or restricted by law. This draft is not open to residents of the province of Quebec, Canada, or residents of the state of Rhode Island, USA.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- Prizes are not transferrable to cash.
There's also a list of rules for the previous draft.